Friday, December 14, 2007

Bangkok

24+ hours later, I've made it to Bangkok! I was not prepared for this level of heat and stickiness, and that's even after dealing with a few NYC summers. I pulled an all-nighter in order to sleep as much as possible on the 17 hour flight. And of course, once I get to JFK I find out the plane was delayed by another 4 hours. Despite this, Thai Airways gets points for having (hands-down) the best airline food ever, so after that and a few glasses of wine I was out for almost the entire trip, amazingly!

I'm staying at a great little hostel Jen Mahran recommended called Suk 11, in the Sukhamvit area of the city. It's not Kho San Road, but is still in a high-density of massage parlors, hence the most prominent sign behind the front desk: "No Sex Visitors In Rooms." Still, it's really easy to get around from here on the new Sky Train that runs just above. I took a bunch of pics to add into this, but the blog is being really lame and not letting me do that now. So, stay tuned! Hope everyone is doing well.

xoxo
jen

2 comments:

Eve said...

yay!! you're there!!

athena said...

how fun! i always thought the best food was on british airways between london and mumbai. AND the flight attendants were all in saris and sarwol camis! what were your thai airlines staffers wearing?