Thursday, December 6, 2007

New York City

So, I'm leaving in under one week for Bangkok. The best part of the trip, besides all the cool new people and places, will be avoiding another chilly winter (fourteen years in Alaska was enough!)

The next 5 days will be nothing but stress as I try to wrap up my jobs here, there and pack, but it will be nice to have a place to come back to (thanks, Celine!). FYI, our subletter bailed at the last minute, so if anyone needs an apt in the East Village, please let me know. (I just have to plug it for a second -- cheap rent for the area, good location, neighborhood just voted #1 in NYC).

Anyways, this is kind of a boring post as I haven't actually gone anywhere yet, but I wanted to let you know my plan so 1) we can laugh about it later when I'm back in New York, as I've never taken a trip that's gone according to plan and because b) I'd LOVE to hear your travel tips and recos if you've been to any of these places...

Dec. 12-21
Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Mae Sot

Dec. 21
Fly from Bangkok to Bali

Dec. 22-Jan 5
Holidays in and around Bali, beach-hopping with Lisa and Al

Jan. 5-30
Fly to Hong Kong to meet Derek, travel to mainland China, through Xi'an, Shanghai, Hangzhou, end in Beijing

Jan. 31-???
Not sure. Might head farther east or southeast again. I definitely will be going back to Thailand again at some point, as well as Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos and possibly Japan and/or the Philippines.

April 1
Bangkok to New York City

You can reach me on my gmail account always, and please keep me posted on what's going on back home. And if anyone needs a last-minute vacation, now you have someone to visit!

cheers,
jen

3 comments:

athena said...

i'm toe-toe-totally jealous! and will miss you soe-soe-so much! send me a postcard from every country, k?

Anonymous said...

Have a blast wonderful!!!! We love you and will miss you dearly! :)

"May all your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous-leading to the most amazing view, where something more beautiful and full of wonder than your deepest dreams awaits you"

Anonymous said...

"The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see."

Or if that doesn't do it for you: "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."

How about this one: "When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money."

Screw it: "Don't worry. Be happy."